• ReflectionDiscordDiscord Highlighted
  • ReflectionYoutubeYoutube Highlighted

  • Post List
  • Older Post

♦ ←───────~◊~───────→ ♦
U P D A T E
♦ ←───────~◊~───────→ ♦

// A B O U T

It's been a long time since the last update and there are two reasons. First, I have been rather busy with real life and such. Second, I somewhat got stuck at drawing icons for items. I hardly consider myself an artist, and drawing these budget icons turned out to be somewhat underwhelming. While I enjoy working on every single aspect of video games, creating graphic assets is quite challenging for me.

Either way, I finally got back on track and made some progress, totally not because my brother threatened me to bully me if I didn't do anything. 👀

The icons of all currently implemented items are posted below. Some are okay, some are less okay, but in my opinion everything looks better than having these displayed as ID numbers, right?

Of course there's just few of them at the moment, many, many, many more are planned. It's just the beginning...

The icons alone were the main goal of the update, but I figured it would be a bit boring to just push an update with some graphics only, so I've adjusted few other things as well.

Players mentioned, that the player missiles/rockets are hardly visible. I agree it was hard to see where they go, or whether they even were fired at all. These now leave a trail, so not only they're more visible, but it's also easier to tell where they're headed. I hope this addition will be satisfying in that regard.

The shield is something that bothered me, because when stacked enough, there was more shield than HP, and while that itself isn't really an issue, the problem were HP regeneration effects, that would work only when the shield was depleted and the ship was actually damaged. In an attempt to balance this, I made the shield block 75% of incoming damage, and pass the rest 25% to HP. This way the player will benefit from HP regeneration right after receiving a hit, even when the shield will be still up.

Other than this, few items received buffs to their damage and AoE.

You can download the latest version here: SHUPS GAME PAGE

If you already have the game installed, you can launch it to be prompted to update. Remember to install the updated package in the same directory, so that your existing files can be replaced. Also be sure to let the game close itself or close it yourself before starting the installation process.

// C H A N G E L O G

//==================================================================
// V0.1.2.0 - 19-11-2022 - Item Icons And Rebalancing
//==================================================================
[ VISUALS ]
- ITEM ICONS! Finally, all items have icons now.

- Missiles and Rockets now leave trails to make them more visible.

[ GAMEPLAY ]
- Shield now blocks 75% of incoming damage (rounded up), and passes the rest 25% to HP. It is an attempt to make players benefit from HP regeneration even when the shield has not been fully depleted.

[ ITEM CHANGES ]
- [Toolbox] renamed to [Wrench]. Item effect remains the same.

- [Sticky Projectiles] renamed to [Glue] and the damage of sticky projectiles it creates has been buffed from 80% (+10% per stack) to 150% (+30% per stack).

- Buffed [Oil Drum] damage from 30% (+5% per stack) to 250% (+50% per stack) and increased its AoE from 5m (+1m per stack) to 6m (+1m per stack).

- Buffed [Firecrackers] AoE from 4m (+1.5m per stack) to 6m (+2m per stack).
  • Post List
  • Older Post
Top ArrowTop Arrow Highlighted